Jun 4, 2011

Atheism offers nothing

Google

These anonymous verses were shared by a fellow atheist on Facebook. I am reposting it here:


Atheism offers nothing to me
It never has and it never will
It doesn’t make me feel good or comforts me
It’s not there for me when I’m sick or ill
It can’t intervene in my times of need
It won’t protect me from hate and lies
It doesn’t care if I fail or succeed
And it won’t wipe the tears from my eyes
It does nothing when I’ve got nowhere to run
It won’t give me wise words or advise
It has no teachings for me to learn
It can’t show me what’s bad or nice
It has never inspired or incited anyone
It won’t help me fulfill all my goals
It won’t tell me to stop when I’m having fun
It has never saved one single soul
It doesn’t take credit for everything I achieved
It won’t make me get down on bended knee
It doesn’t demand that I have to believe
It won’t torture me for eternity
It won’t teach me to hate or despise others
It can’t tell me what’s right or wrong
It won’t tell anybody that they can’t be lovers
It has told nobody that they don’t belong
It won’t make you think that life is worth living
It has nothing to offer me
That is true

But the reason that atheism offers me nothing is because I’ve never asked It to
Atheism offers nothing because it doesn’t need to
Religion promises everything because you want It to
You don’t NEED a religion or to have faith
You just WANT it because you need to feel safe
I want to feel REALITY and nothing more
So atheism offers me everything
That religion has stolen from me before

~anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Message